I'm feeling like Old Mother Hubbard today because my cupboards are bare. So I cannot completely start gung-ho on my food plan ~ HOWEVER, I have been making better choices and selections today. For lunch I made a different type of "sandwich." I took half a cucumber and scooped out the seedy part. Then I took 2 of those Laughing Cow swiss cheese wedges and spread it in the part I just scooped out. Then I topped with oven-roasted turkey deli meat. It was tasty and actually filling. I ate it with a smoothie and I was full afterwards.
Then I learned about a new snack from my Aunt Kay while at a reunion at the family cabin. She got it from the Dr. Oz show. You take an avocado and some oranges. Cut into pieces and toss together. Drizzle with a little olive oil and a dash of salt. I was so skeptical at first, but I am so glad I tried it because it was TASTY!!!
I didn't have my usual Crystal Light Peach/Mango Green Tea, so I actually drank water. I made my usual stop at Pinterest tonight and found something called "Sassy Water." It's basically water, lemon, cucumber, grated ginger and some sprigs of spearmint. Well, I don't have ginger or spearmint but I've got everything else. They stated to make it the night before so that the flavors mix well and it will be cold and ready to go ~ DUH why haven't I thought of that before? Also, by putting 2 quarts of "sassy water" in a pitcher then you can see exactly how much water you have left to drink for the day. Makes sense. I've been dieting for a long time and I haven't tried this yet. Love new tricks!!!
I've got a few apps that I am going to be using at the start of this venture. I do like the Nike+ app. It will track how long I walk and will tell me my best speed or average speed. And the website that's associated with it has been fun. They've been revamping it lately though. Click here for some information.
I also discovered the Lose It! app. I've never been a calorie counter, but I found with this app it makes it so much easier because you can just scan the UPC code and all the info is in their system. YAY!
And finally, I will stick with the Dr. Phil Ultimate Weight Loss Solution information. I know it worked for me in the past, so I will base some of my food plan on this. Basically, before I ever counted calories I would just have the meals set in my head, so no matter where I was I would know what I should be eating.
BREAKFAST:
1 protein serving
1 starchy carbohydrate
1 fruit
1 low-fat dairy
SNACK:
1 fruit
1 low-fat dairy
Veggies
LUNCH:
1 protein serving
2 veggies
1 carbohydrate
SNACK:
1 fruit
1 low-fat dairy
Veggies
DINNER:
1 protein serving
2 veggies
1 carbohydrate
Well, that's today in a nut shell.
XO






No comments:
Post a Comment